Monday, March 28, 2011

Blackburn want to bring Ruud van Nistelrooy back to Premier League

? Hamburg striker could be available on a free transfer
? Van Nistelrooy admits he is open to return to England

The Blackburn Rovers manager, Steve Kean, has revealed they are looking into signing Ruud van Nistelrooy this summer ? two years after the club missed out on the former Manchester United striker.

Blackburn enquired about Van Nistelrooy's availability in 2009, only to be put off by the Dutchman's wage demands. Van Nistelrooy went on to join the Bundesliga side Hamburg, but is out of contract at the end of the season and could arrive on a free transfer.

"Yes, I can confirm we are interested," Kean told ESPN soccernet.

Van Nistelrooy has already said he would be open to a return to the Premier League ? but Blackburn could be left frustrated if the 34-year-old instead chases a move to a top European side as a back-up striker.

"I am thinking about a nice club in England after this season, or a club in Spain," Van Nistelrooy told the Sunday Mirror. "But I don't think Real Madrid will come again after their efforts to bring me back in the January transfer window.

"I have decided that if a really big European club does approach me, I will accept a role as reserve striker. I would have accepted that too if the deal with Real Madrid had come off in January. They knew I was ready to step in when needed."


guardian.co.uk © Guardian News & Media Limited 2011 | Use of this content is subject to our Terms & Conditions | More Feeds


Source: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/mar/28/blackburn-ruud-van-nistelrooy-hamburg

Manchester United Asia The FA Insects Television industry Dimitar Berbatov

No comments:

Post a Comment