Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My baby hummingbird

This charming video provides a few glimpses into the story of a boy and the very tiny baby bird that he rescued, raised and cared for ...

In every person's life, there are a few extraordinary occasions that have the power to change us forever, to alter our perceptions and to change the course of our lives. It's odd to realise that most people usually don't recognise the lasting power of these fleeting events as they unfold, and perhaps that's part of their allure. They intercalate themselves into the very core of our being and quietly work their subtle magic over time and space. So as I watch this charming video again, as I've done nearly every morning during the past month, I wonder; Does this video capture one of those rare and momentous events in one person's life? I'll probably never learn the answer to my question, but it certainly awakens my own memories of particular small experiences that transformed me and dramatically changed the course of my life. How about you?

email: grrlscientist@gmail.com
twitter: @GrrlScientist


guardian.co.uk © Guardian News & Media Limited 2011 | Use of this content is subject to our Terms & Conditions | More Feeds

Source: http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/punctuated-equilibrium/2011/jun/21/2

Moscow Retirement planning Documentary Credit cards Spending review 2010 Energy bills

No comments:

Post a Comment