Wednesday, April 27, 2011

My news | Michael Tomasky

Well, I sort of thought at the beginning of the week that this would take care of itself, because the news was in Politico and Greg Sargent's blog at the Washington Post and I just thought some of you might have noticed it and asked in the comment threads, but no one did, at least that I noticed, and now time is getting short, so I just have to tell you: as of Friday, I'll be leaving the Guardian.

I've accepted a job offer from Newsweek/The Daily Beast. I'll be writing regular columns (about every other issue, I'm told) and occasional features for Newsweek, and regular online pieces for the Beast. I was not looking to leave the Guardian, with which it has been an absolutely privilege to be associated. But this was the kind of offer that only comes along once in life, and I could not say no.

I'll have more to say about the whys and wherefores of all this Friday afternoon, when I will write a proper farewell post. I just didn't want to spring this on you out of nowhere on Friday. In the meantime, we have three days to process, and besides that I have several harangues left in me, and one more good quiz.

Let's try to leave our longer adieus and fare-thee-wells for Friday, eh? Remember: to everything, there is a season. In the meantime, I just read a pretty fascinating article about a situation confronting Mitch Daniels, and I will post on it immediately to keep things chugging along as normal.


guardian.co.uk © Guardian News & Media Limited 2011 | Use of this content is subject to our Terms & Conditions | More Feeds


Source: http://feeds.guardian.co.uk/~r/theguardian/commentisfree/rss/~3/QC274SPCRVw/usa-my-news

Australasia Private equity Regulators Labour Supermarkets BBC2

No comments:

Post a Comment